Attention Family! I've been saying it for years, now I am preparing you for when it happens, I am retiring from cooking in less than 5 years. The only thing I will make is my morning coffee, and that is only because I am too lazy to get dressed and go out for it!







Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cowboy Caviar

This recipe can be made from pantry staples. Mix it up to suit your preferences, serve with Scoops at any party, tailgating, or Sunday afternoon snack. Use Scoops instead of chips because it is juicy - have napkins handy. If B. is making this, he will use the hottest variety of Rotel tomatoes.

Cowboy Caviar

1 small onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 small can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained
1 can corn or 1 can shoepeg corn or both :-), drained
1 can blackeyed peas, or black beans, rinsed and drained
small amount Italian dressing

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, blending well.
Pour your favorite Italian style dressing over all and toss well to coat.
Refrigerate overnight. Serve with corn chips.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear good lord I love this stuff. Very easily addicting, fun party food, entertaining name, and contains all sorts of veggie-goodness since I have yet to meet a vegetable I don't eat (mushrooms are fungi, they don't count). A must have on the nibbles table or as munchies before a party. It will most likely not last that long though, so make a lot or be ready to run out.

    ReplyDelete