Attention Family! I've been saying it for years, now I am preparing you for when it happens, I am retiring from cooking in less than 5 years. The only thing I will make is my morning coffee, and that is only because I am too lazy to get dressed and go out for it!







Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hash Browns

Okay, now you have a few baked potatoes in your fridge. Make some hash browns, serve with beer brats and red cabbage, and you have another easy meal.

Hash Browns

3 or 4 potatoes, already baked
1/2 onion
1/2 green bell pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
Put a large frying pan on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Peel and chop 1/2 onion, add to pan. Chop 1/2 green pepper and add to pan. Mince two cloves of garlic and add to pan. Peel and dice potatoes, add to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until potatoes are brown, and onions and peppers are soft. Don't stir too often, or potatoes will not develop a crust.

1 comment:

  1. Hash browns are really good breakfast food. I like them a lot. Now the only catch is having left-over potatoes... Well there goes that idea.

    ReplyDelete