Attention Family! I've been saying it for years, now I am preparing you for when it happens, I am retiring from cooking in less than 5 years. The only thing I will make is my morning coffee, and that is only because I am too lazy to get dressed and go out for it!







Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chicken Chili

This recipe is a favorite for my family and for friends. I have problems following the exact recipe, every time I make it, it turns out a little different.

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 large onion, chopped
3 cans white kidney beans
1 can evaporated milk
1 4.5 ounce chopped green chilies
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon cumin
1 14.5 ounce can of chicken stock
2 cups shredded mexican cheese
1 cup sour cream

Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces, cook over medium heat with onion in a non-stick frying pan. Add to large crockpot. Open beans and drain, add to pot. Add milk, chicken stock, chopped chilies, and seasonings. Set crockpot on low and cook for 4 hours. Taste for seasonings, add more chili powder, green chilies, hot sauce, or black pepper if needed. Stir in sour cream and shredded cheese. Stir and heat on high (in the crock pot) for 20 minutes. Ring the dinner bell and don't expect leftovers. (Shop at Trader Joes for beans, good price and no additives that you can't pronounce.)

1 comment:

  1. First February post, yay!
    This recipe was completely new to me up until Thanksgiving of last year and then was an instant hit. So fantastic! The texture is chili-like, the chicken is really good, and the beans really bring it all together. I recommend this to anyone wishing for a hearty soup that's deliciously good and crockpot easy!

    ReplyDelete