Attention Family! I've been saying it for years, now I am preparing you for when it happens, I am retiring from cooking in less than 5 years. The only thing I will make is my morning coffee, and that is only because I am too lazy to get dressed and go out for it!







Thursday, October 13, 2011

Penne Pasta with Sausage and Tomato in Cream Sauce

This is another recipe from the paper - proof that I love my kids, and proof that I love quick and easy-to-prepare recipes! Otherwise known as Addicting Pasta!

Penne Pasta with Sausage and Tomato in Cream Sauce

1 to 1 and 1/2 pounds Italian sausage
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 medium to large onion
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can Rotel tomatoes
2 cups whipping cream
1 pound penne pasta

First thing, start a pot of water to boil for the pasta(add a little salt to the water). Brown sausage in a large skillet. If your sausage in in casings, remove the casings first. While sausage is browning, chop onion and garlic, add to pan. Is the water boiling? Add the pasta to the water and stir. When sausage is brown, and onions are tender, sprinkle with red pepper flakes and flour. Stir to combine. Add tomatoes and cream, simmer till mixture thickens slightly. Drain the pasta, serve sauce over penne and put the sprinkle cheese on the table. This is nice served with a salad or peas. Now, don't tell me you don't have time for this!
You can add two cans of tomatoes, but if you do I would only use one can of Rotel. You can use mild or spicy sausage, but I don't recommend it with sweet Italian sausage. You can cut back a little on the cream, and put it in your coffee in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. ...I feel distinctly out of the loop. See previous post commentary (ref: Root Beer Sloppy Joes).

    ReplyDelete