Attention Family! I've been saying it for years, now I am preparing you for when it happens, I am retiring from cooking in less than 5 years. The only thing I will make is my morning coffee, and that is only because I am too lazy to get dressed and go out for it!







Monday, October 3, 2011

Root Beer Sloppy Joes

This recipe was printed in the AJC, adapted from 'The Kentucky Fresh Cookbook'. You'll be surprised to know that I make it as published! It is quick recipe, serve with slaw and french fries for an easy dinner.

1 pound ground beef
1 medium finely chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 dry mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup root beer or other dark soda

Brown hamburger meat in large skillet until no longer pink. Drain fat off of meat. Stir in onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in seasonings, ketchup, and root beer. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve on sandwich buns with pickles, hot sauce, and shredded cheese.

1 comment:

  1. ....is this new? As in, have I had it?
    No?
    Huh.
    I'm going to have to reserve the praise and recommendations until I've actually eaten this. I'll get back to you....

    ReplyDelete