Attention Family! I've been saying it for years, now I am preparing you for when it happens, I am retiring from cooking in less than 5 years. The only thing I will make is my morning coffee, and that is only because I am too lazy to get dressed and go out for it!







Monday, October 18, 2010

Santa Fe Soup

The weather has gotten cooler, it is time to think about soup! This soup is dead easy, brown meat, open cans, and heat it up! I recommend making this in the crock pot, it is easy to adjust the beans to what you have in the pantry.

Santa Fe Soup

1 pound ground beef
2 cans black beans, rinsed
2 cans pinto beans, rinsed
2 cans kidney beans, rinsed
2 cans corn, undrained
1 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning, low sodium
1 package dry mix ranch dressing

Brown the hamburger meat in skillet over medium heat, drain. Put hamburger meat in crock pot, or other large pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cook for 4 hours in crock pot on high, or at least an hour if cooking on the stovetop. Serve with shredded cheese, hot sauce, and sour cream. If you have time, make cornbread, if you don't, serve with crackers or tortilla chips. You can use Rotel tomatoes if you want a little heat and add up to two cups of water if you want it soupier. I would recommend adding at least one cup of water if you are making it on the stovetop. This soup reheats easily, and freezes well.

1 comment:

  1. Soup? Not so much. Chili? Not really that either. Then what is it? Santa Fe Soup. It defies description. Easy to make (I've made it successfully, that should tell you how fool-proof it is), easy to store, large portions, have with cornbread or crackers. And let me tell you, this definitely qualifies as comfort food when it gets cold.

    ReplyDelete