Attention Family! I've been saying it for years, now I am preparing you for when it happens, I am retiring from cooking in less than 5 years. The only thing I will make is my morning coffee, and that is only because I am too lazy to get dressed and go out for it!







Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Orzo Greek Salad

½ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (1-pound) box orzo pasta, cooked and drained
1 seedless cucumber, diced
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 (6-ounce) can whole pitted black olives, drained
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled

In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, chive, salt, pepper, whisk to combine and set aside. In a large bowl, combine pasta, cucumber, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, black olives, feta cheese. Pour lemon juice mixture over pasta mixture, stirring to combine well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
I like to cut the artichoke smaller, add more feta cheese, and use sliced olives. This is a great pasta salad (right Colleen?), and tastes good the next day with grilled chicken diced and thrown in for good measure.

1 comment:

  1. Man, skip the plate, skip the fork and knife, grab a spoon and eat straight out of the bowl! This is ridiculously good fresh, warmed up, cold out of the fridge, with added chicken or no meat at all. The deliciousness of this dish cannot be fully encompassed by my recommendation, as can be attested to by the siblings, the father, and my friend Colleen. Yay for Orzo! Yay for Greek flair! Yay for this delectable pasta salad!
    P.S. Feel free to make this again....soon.

    ReplyDelete