Attention Family! I've been saying it for years, now I am preparing you for when it happens, I am retiring from cooking in less than 5 years. The only thing I will make is my morning coffee, and that is only because I am too lazy to get dressed and go out for it!







Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mom's Asian Dumpling/Noodle Soup

Mom's Asian Dumpling/Noodle Soup


For when you want something warm to serve with sushi...I made this up with what we had on hand (after reading several recipes online).  Think of this as a rough outline, then fill in a desired.

1 32 ounce carton chicken broth
1 carrot, scraped or diced
1 celery stalk, diced
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger (I keep some in the freezer)
3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp oyster sauce

Bring these ingredients to a boil, add

Dumplings, soba noodles, angel hair pasta, be creative

Cook till done, serve in bowls with big spoons.

Fill-ins...
Bok choy, chopped and added with dumplings
Siracha, hot sauce, Korean bean paste
Diced chicken
Serve with cilantro or bean sprouts
Eat all the dumplings and cook rice in leftover broth

No comments:

Post a Comment