Attention Family! I've been saying it for years, now I am preparing you for when it happens, I am retiring from cooking in less than 5 years. The only thing I will make is my morning coffee, and that is only because I am too lazy to get dressed and go out for it!







Sunday, September 19, 2010

Spaghetti Sauce

Easy-peasy, and better than store bought. Keep bell peppers in your freezer, onions, crushed tomatoes, and spaghetti noodles in your pantry, Italian sausage in your freezer, and you can make this at a moment's notice.

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce

Brown 1 pound Italian sausage in a large frying pan. While meat is browning, peel and chop 1/2 half of large onion, 1/2 half red or green bell pepper, and 3 cloves of garlic. When sausage is browned, drain, add back to pan, add chopped veggies. Add 1 large (28 ounces) can of crushed tomatoes with basil. Season with bay leaf, oregano, basil, and thyme. Cover and simmer over low heat. After 15 minutes, start large pot of water to boil for spaghetti noodles. Cook spaghetti noodles al dente. Taste sauce, adjust seasonings if needed. Drain spaghetti well, serve with sauce, salad, and Parmesan cheese. You can also add mushrooms, grated zucchini, or diced eggplant to the sauce.

1 comment:

  1. I will most likely attempt this recipe once then swear never to make it again. Mother dear just makes it too darn good for an amateur like me to desecrate this recipe by making it on my own. Still, store bought is just so...blah. I may have to comment on this twice, once now and once after making it...

    ReplyDelete