Attention Family! I've been saying it for years, now I am preparing you for when it happens, I am retiring from cooking in less than 5 years. The only thing I will make is my morning coffee, and that is only because I am too lazy to get dressed and go out for it!







Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sausage and Egg Casserole

There are many variations of this casserole around - try any community cookbook and you will probably find one. This version was given to your Grandmama by her next door neighbor, Ann C. I am making this on Monday, cooking it on Tuesday, for a teachers breakfast at B.'s school.

Sausage and Egg Casserole

8 eggs
2 cups milk
1 tsp ground mustard
1tsp salt
1 pound bulk sausage
6 slices of bread
1 to two cups grated cheese

Brown sausage in large skillet, breaking it up as it cooks. While sausage is browning, crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat with whisk. Add milk, salt, and mustard to eggs (a little black pepper wouldn't hurt). Drain sausage on paper towels. Coat a 9 x 13 glass baking pan with cooking spray. Place bread slices on bottom of pan. Sprinkle sausage on top of bread crumbs. Pour egg mixture over sausage. Sprinkle grated cheese on top of eggs. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. The next morning, bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes. I put my casserole in the oven without preheating, so that the baking dish warms up as the oven comes up to temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment