Attention Family! I've been saying it for years, now I am preparing you for when it happens, I am retiring from cooking in less than 5 years. The only thing I will make is my morning coffee, and that is only because I am too lazy to get dressed and go out for it!







Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Banana Cupcakes

This recipe came from my mom, I don't really remember her making them, but I know the recipe came from her!  To me, they taste more like muffins than cupcakes.

Banana Cupcakes
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups self-rising flour
1 tsp cinnamon or apple pie seasoning
3 ripe bananas
Mix shortening, sugar, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla together until smooth.  Add flour and spices, add bananas. Mix for 2 minutes. Butter cupcake tin and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Makes 12 large cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment